Fair Price Delivery
Local delivery £30 / UK £50 per order
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may use any relevant information to contact you or pass it on to our trusted agents and sub-contractors to confirm your identity, validate and authorise transactions made by your debit or credit card and to process your order. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties for these purposes.
We endeavour to keep your information up-to-date but if your personal details change, please let us know so we can update your details.
Our aim is to meet the terms of all UK national laws and requirements for your privacy as we’re fully committed to protecting your privacy for as long as you continue to use George Street Furnishers and our website (www.georgestreet.co.uk).
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
We collect information we feel is essential for you to use our Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
1. for technical purposes necessary for the operation of the Website;
2. to allow a service to recognise your device – this means you don’t have to repeatedly provide the same information during a task;
3. to measure the number of people using our Website, to make sure there enough capacity for the Website to operate at speed;
4. to complete and support of current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
5. to monitor campaign success, for example promotions or competitions;
6. to support website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes;
7. to remember pages viewed;
8. to monitor your journey around the website so that we can improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and
9. to remember items saved to your basket on a previous visit to the Website, including where the browser has been closed and a new session has begun.
If you’re not keen for your personal computer to accept cookies, or simply want to delete any existing cookies, please refer to the instructions under your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores the cookies. However, if use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all parts of our Website and your browsing experience will change – it may become less interactive, less personal to you, contain more error messages and certain sections may not work at all. Further information and guidance on cookies and how you can manage your browser settings can be found by accessing the following links:
Our Website uses the following types of cookie (each cookie is unique with its own specific lifetime):
1. First Party Session cookies – these short lifetime cookies are set directly by us and may only last until you close your browser. They allow our Website to link your actions during a browser session so we can store certain information while you are browsing the website.
2. First Party Persistent cookies – these cookies have a longer lifetime. They are set directly by us and enable our Website to recognise you when you return to us. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across our site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
3. Third Party cookies – Third party cookies are not set by George Street Furnishers but are instead set by a third party. Online advertising is a common example where third party cookies are used.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when our website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. These cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking however most expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. Please remember, your personal information is not stored, saved or collected.
Any personal details we have collected about you are kept securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Therefore, we will never sell or disclose your information to third parties, shared companies for any other purposes than described in this policy or for legal reasons (e.g. to comply with a legal process).
The information which we collect about you will be stored on the following servers depending upon which of Websites and Services you are accessing:
We use information held about you:
1. to help you to use the George Street Furnishers website, to improve your experience of using the Website, to administer and monitor our Website and to improve our Website;
2. to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
3. to ensure that we present the content on the Website in the most effective manner for your and other users;
4. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. To personalise these communications to you and your likes and dislikes;
5. to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourself and us;
6. to notify you promptly about changes to our goods and / or services;
7. to process your payments for goods and services to enable you to shop with us online and in-store;
8. to check that you have (or are likely to have) the means to pay us for any products you order from us over the internet or in store.
9. to keep accurate records of purchases, sales or other transactions to ensure that the requisite payments and deliveries are made, or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities (George Street Furnishers does not hold or take payment details, this is all undertaken by a 3rd party payment gateway);
10. where you have specifically consented to be contacted for such purposes, to allow us to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in, and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions;
11. to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entries to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under our competition/ prize draw terms and conditions;
12. for the purpose of advertising or marketing our goods and services, our business itself and for public relations promotions in connection with our business, goods and services. This may require us to disclose your personal details to George Street Furnishers agents or subcontractors in accordance with how we use your data. However, we do not sell or pass your data on to third parties for their marketing purposes;
13. to analyse sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes;
14. to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us or any social media posts, or any comments you make directly to us or in the public domain; and
15. to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis for customer surveys and research;
16. to ensure that the George Street Furnishers adverts you see on different websites are more relevant to you, we’ll now provide some anonymous information about you and your shopping habits to the organisations who place our online advertising. We gather this information from your Email activity, website cookies and other similar technologies. It is then combined with data from other internet users to create audience profiles consisting of particular interests and characteristics. These audience profiles are used by our online advertisers to serve you adverts relevant to you and your interests.
17. to gather statistics about how you and other people use our website and mobile apps, in-store WIFI networks and what you think of our advertisements, special offers, news, products and product information, competitions, sponsored events, social media and other content and services. We then analyse all this data to see if what we do is interesting to people and meets their needs, or if they should be improved, and if so, what changes would be most beneficial both for our customers and for us;
18. to monitor how people use our websites and mobile apps to see if they are being abused or threatened, for example, by internet trolls posting inappropriate comments in review areas or by would-be hackers looking to undermine our security;
19. to protect you and our business from any other potentially criminal behaviour, including identity theft and fraud;
20. to help us maintain administrative and statutory records about our business so we can better understand what we’ve sold, and how, when, where and at what price, and pay our taxes;
21. to enable us (and our third-party service providers) to plan and manage our day-to-day business as effectively as possible, for example, to predict the possible sales volumes of a particular product so we can make doubly sure that we have sufficient stocks to meet the likely demand;
22. to help us conduct focused market research based on trends and common factors, so we can further improve the products and services we offer to all our customers;
23. to see if the money we spend on marketing and advertising across all media represents good value for us or not;
24. to provide you with after-sales services in accordance with your product guarantees. Please refer to your Customer Handbook which is sent to you on the purchase of goods from George Street Furnishers which details these guarantees;
25. to provide you with appropriate after-sales services in accordance with purchased protection plans. Please refer to the documentation provided by Staingard UK on the services provided as part of a purchased Staingard policy.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Every so often, we like to send you an email newsletter informing you about products and services. You can subscribe at your own discretion when you first register with George Street Furnishers. All our email marketing is undertaken througha third party, Mailchimp.com online platform.
Any communication, engagement and action on social media are subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies held from each social media platform. In order to protect your own privacy and personal details, we advise that you use social media sites wisely. Other than to contact you regarding a specific query or complaint in which case we may request your name, order number and telephone number via Social Media. Otherwise, we will never ask for your private personal information via social media platforms. However, if you want to discuss your private personal details, we’re more than happy to help via telephone or email.
We may use social sharing buttons to share content directly from web pages to social media platforms. Please note, that you are using social sharing buttons at your own discretion and these social media platforms may be tracked to save requests and to share a web page through your social media account.
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we actually need them for the purposed we acquired them in the first place (as set out previously).
In most cases, this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to shop with us or use our services, and for a period time afterwards if you stop doing so, to see if we can persuade you to come back to us.
We may also keep information for legal or regulatory reasons e.g. we may keep contractual documents for 6 years.
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including, marketing and market research, processing online purchases, delivery companies and our designers and manufacturers) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
If you make a post on the Website, we may share your username, and any information you include in your post with other users of the Website or in our marketing materials, for example this would include any posts or comments which you make via on Website's blog or any similar post or comment.
You have the right to ask us not the process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also ask us to stop using your personal data for marketing at any time by using one of the methods detailed below.
You may ask us to stop sending you postal correspondence that we believe may be of interest to you by contacting us using the details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click 'unsubscribe' on the most recently received email. In the event that you continue to receive email correspondence from us after selecting the 'unsubscribe' option, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Should you wish us to stop sending you mobile SMS correspondence, please see the STOP details in each text message.
Where you ask us to stop sending you correspondence through either our postal mailing list or our email mailing list we shall take reasonable steps to remove your details from both our postal and email mailing lists. However, in the event that you continue to receive correspondence through one of these mailing lists, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites (for example, YouTube, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter). If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to the Data Controller using the contact details at the bottom of this policy. From 1st May, this will be free of charge. We may charge you a reasonable fee, not exceeding the statutory maximum, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website: http://www.ico.org.uk
This policy was last modified on 09.04.2018